Friday, October 3, 2008

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch

Joel's sister Laurie Jayne got married last weekend in Arizona. We travelled down and had a grand old time, the details of which I will update later. For today, I would like to share...


Adventures in Rope Swinging!


Down on the Frost family ranch, you can take a little four-wheeler ride down to a gully over which they have fashioned a tarzan swing.
We rode the three-wheeler, which I think Joel told me they don't make anymore because they're not stable. So check us out, living on the wild side:

It's a little blurry, but I love this picture of Dane enjoying the ride, looking up at his daddy.

Don't worry, we made it safely.

Now the adventures begin. Here is Stephen, showing us all how it's done:

Action shot:

Joel's cousin Andrew:

Andrew's wife, Charity (the infamous Charity Fales). Check out her amazing form:

Joel made everybody laugh by walking right off the cliff, walking through the air, and smoothly walking back onto the ground:


Then I drew up the courage to try it. Here I am, preparing to launch:

Action shot:

I try it again, only to lose strength and end up extending my arms, which made me twist around:

Yeah, I didn't make it that time. Here's the evidence:

I redeemed myself later.

All in all it was a great time with lots of chanting, laughing, and some manly competition.
To conclude, I share with you this video of Uncle Bill attempting the swing. It probably won't be as funny to those of you who don't know him, but we enjoyed it.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh my word...that video is classic! I watched it about 10 times. I loved the rope swing! That was a blast. I hope no one has too many bruises.

Lizzy said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I missed it! Love the Uncle Bill video too of course!

Cassia said...

Wow. That looks fun... yet I don't know that I'd have the courage to do it myself. :)

And I agree about the picture of Dane looking up at Joel--I love pictures like that! :)

Melissa said...

Thats so rad- so rad. Rope swinging? that is rad. It sure looks like you had fun and Dane looks so cute on the 4 wheeler. I love that he was safe with his daddy and that picture was so sweet of him looking up.