Monday, September 22, 2008

Dane Is One!


My sweet little boy celebrated his first birthday. The time has gone by so quickly, and he has become such a little man. I am so proud of him, and I can’t imagine life without him.

We had a little birthday party with family and friends. There was lots of food (way too much), lots of laughs, and a little variety show starring Dane.

Here he is doing the handstand:

Here he is clapping:

I didn't get a picture of him playing peekaboo, but I will assure you that it was adorable. I will post the video one of these days.

Then came his piece de resistance: attacking his cake.

He was a little timid at first, not knowing what to make of his sticky hands:

Then, he got a little bored and just decided to walk away. But he stepped right into the cake and kept trying to shake off the frosting:

What a funny boy. We were glad that so many of our friends could come.

Chris, Teresa, and Halle (I grew up with Chris):

I like how Kenji is lurking in the background in that one.

Here's Halle again:

Stephen, Meghan, Lauren, and Molly; Meghan was intently discussing BYU football when I took the picture:

Joel and Ryan (Joel's cousin's husband):

George, Melanee, Sam, and Kevin (George grew up with Joel and Stephen):

Haha, that one was extra candid. Sorry I didn't have you smile for the camera.

Check out Sam's striking blue eyes in this shot:

Then she asked me to take another picture of her:

I think she has a Dorothy on the Yellow Brick Road kind of look there.

And sweet, chubby Kevin:

My mom and Kenji:

My dad with his favorite grandson:

Dane eating his bib:

And the happy birthday family!

Happy Birthday Dane! We love you!

7 comments:

LJ said...

Dane looks a lot like baby Joel in that last picture. Also, I cannot wait to see you guys this weekend! Booyah!

Cassia said...

Wow--time flies!

I especially loved the cake on foot picture. :)

Kristen and Ryan said...

happy birthday dane! what a big boy!

Megan said...

It's interesting that LJ thinks Dane looks like Joel. I was just thinking how much he looks like Ami's side of the family. I can't believe he's one! It looks like it was a lot of fun. Wish I could have been there!

Bruthahood said...

I like the pictures of Dane. He's a cute little kid and I'm excited to see him again. Next time I do see him though, he'll be two months away from having a little Hood cousin so that will be fun.

Melanee said...

I'm so glad we got to come to Dane's party and see his awesome tricks! He is such a stud.

Melissa said...

What a great celebration! It sure looks like fun and Kenji looks like he had LOADS of fun. What a great birthday cake and stepping in it too. How fun.