Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Laurie Jayne Wedding

Joel's younger sister, Laurie Jayne, got married, and it was a joyous time. We had fun hanging out as a family, witnessing their sealing, enjoying a fun reception, and getting to know Adam and his family. We are very happy for them.
I didn't take many pictures at the reception for some reason. I actually only took one. But let me assure you, it was a fun reception.

There was cotton candy, popcorn, milk, and snow cones. Allow me to go off on a tangent for a moment. I always called them snow cones. I even worked at a snow cone stand. We sold snow cones, or, alternatively, sno cones. However, most people at the reception was calling them shaved ice. Is that a regional thing? An Arizona thing? I think they call it shaved ice in Utah, too. Anyway, fun food. They also put cucumbers in the water instead of lemon. That was super yummy. You should try it.
Then, the sealing the next morning. Here we are, waiting for the happy couple to come out:



And there they are!

I think they like each other.
All of the siblings were able to come, except for Jake, who is on his mission in Peru. There were also many aunts and uncles, cousins, and friends.
Stephen, Molly, Meghan, Lauren

Jen, who came from Houston, and Nate, who came from Japan

Monique, Makenna, Allen, Addie, Carter

Cousin Carol Ann, who became Dane's best friend when they shared the backseat all the way home.

Kissing cousins

Joel and Paul don't really get along.

Just kidding!

Now, I'll spare you the commentary and just give you pictures.





One last comment: I found these shoes for $4.99. Swish. I never would have bought them if they weren't so cheap, but they were fun. I thought Joel would make fun of me for buying them, but he said they reminded him of Mary Poppins (Julie Andrews is his celebrity crush). So yeah. Swish.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Okay, so, as I understand it, snow cones and shaved ice are two different entities. Shaved ice is really light and fluffy, like new powder, whereas snow cones are more pebbly, so when you eat them, it's like one giant lump of ice.

Kristie said...

Still buying cheap, but adorable, shoes- you make a girl proud! The pitures of Dane are absolutely adorable!!! I can't believe he's over a year old! Your family gets more beautiful with each picture.

LJ said...

I'll just say this here: Adam and I really like Dane.

Also, you know I sincerely covet your shoes. If they came in size gigantic, I woulda bought them too.

And thanks for coming. That was the awesome. And your lap quilt is gracing the back of our loveseat as we speak. That was also the awesome.

Tracie Frost said...

This is a joint Tess/Paul posting: it was fun to catch up on your blog. Fun for Paul to be with you guys in AZ. Thanks for posting the video of Uncle Bill. It was hysterical to tell Tess about it. Looking forward to more times ahead! We anticipate much mischief to come from a Dane/Eli alliance against the girl cousins at family reunions.

Anonymous said...

I'll answer the snow cone/shave ice question:

Snow cones are crushed ice.
Shaved ice is shaved ice.

The stuff at the reception was (confusingly) shaved ice in snow cone cups. We never serve it that way anywhere else--we just thought the snow cone cups were more festive for this particular carnival.

Glad you guys were here for the festivities!

Aaron N Beki said...

Hey Ami!
Your so good! I havn't been on here in a while because we have been moving! I love all your pics of the wedding and hey you captures your awesome four dollar shoes! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

hey this is sarah goodman....laurie jayne's wedding photographer....you got some great shots...so fun! Um....and I was totally diggin your shoes and now that i know that you got them for cheap...I am way diggin them...let me know if you want some of the pics for your blog! :)