Thursday, April 23, 2009

Award Winner Limericks

Not to be confused with Award Winning Limericks

First, a business item. A few of you have pointed out that being a private blog means my updates to get posted onto Google Reader or Notifier or various other notification systems. I don't want to sound presumptuous, but if you would like, I can put some of on the email notification list so you get an email when I update. Blogger apparently allows ten emails in the notification list, but if you really want, I can do that for some of you.

And now, without further ado, the limericks:

Lizzy
After Joel and I started to date,
he acquired a brand new roommate,
it cause quite a stir
for he was a her!
but all three of our friendships is great

Jackie
While inside my freshman apartment,
I had many stresses, like rent,
but we sure felt revived
with those boys in Twenty-five,
and I think it was time quite well spent

Melanee & George
Joel and George did a fortunate thing
at their respective weddings in spring,
'cause when Joel married me
and George, Melanee,
they ensured part-Japanese offspring

Meghan & Stephen
Steve and Meg welcomed us on a cruise ship,
together with them 'twas a great trip,
they're our closest in-laws,
but we're sad now because
They are moving to ole Mississip!

Holly & Evan
Evan and I platonically dated,
Yes platonically, I've not misstated,
we had lots of fun,
but not to be outdone,
Kyle and Holly make Evan much more elated.

Cassia & Bryan
I met Bryan in Phil class 210,
where his test score was higher (again),
during interviews long,
Cassia played us a song,
That they'd marry I did not know then.

Joel
I love you like crazy, my sweet,
without you I'd be incomplete
I love you no less
but I still must confess,
I am always amazed by your huge feet


Kelley
There is one thing all students are hating,
that laborious task: annotating.
But to Kelley's delight
she tamed Write 'n' Cite,
all of this while Neil she was dating

Shannon
When Joel was head of student body,
you kept him from looking too dotty,
tell your neighbor hello,
we were good friends you know,
and I'm sorry these poems are shoddy.

Sarah
Joel's family has many a cousin,
by now they must number twelve dozen,
Sarah is one of them,
but now I must end,
For there are no more words to rhyme "cousin"

Kristen
Kristen daydreams of being in New York,
She also love Café Rio pork,
But my best memory,
of fair Kristen, you see,
Is when she and I were just "orch dorks"

Mom Frost

Joel's mom has been known by a few names,
there are several to which she can lay claim,
there is Joann LaRelle,
Laurie, Martha LaRelle,
but it's "Grandma" she proudly proclaims

Laurie Jayne
Although she was not in the first ten,
Laurie Jayne wants a limerick from my pen,
my mind has been spent,
this last line represents,
the fact that I can't think of any more rhyming words and this was way harder than I expected. Amen.

10 comments:

LJ said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA

Miriam said...

those were so entertaining and you never cease to amaze me. That would have taken me a lifetime to even attempt to be so witty. well done my rhyming friend!

Meghan said...

Ami! You are amazing! I really think you should publish those! I LOVED all of those! You are so talented! Why did you get a master's in MFT? You could have written limericks! You are so cool and clever!

Rika Burr said...

you are a dork

Melanee said...

You are a clever, clever woman. If I were a clever woman like you, I would construct a limerick right here in this little box about how clever you are but alas, my limerick was about me being half-Japanese, not clever. I am not a clever woman.

Lizzy said...

I love it! Thank you for writing a limerick about me!

jackie herself said...

yay!i love it. thanks ami!

Cassia said...

Very nice. I'm impressed. :)

If the email update option isn't filled by family or others who are a little more important to keep updated, I'd love to be added to that! :)

Joel said...

Shaq called and wanted to borrow my socks.
My feet, however, are all yours.

Bryan said...

There once was a nerdball named Bryan
Because this blog's private he's cryin'
Can't follow your feeder
In his Google Reader
Please e-mail your mighty fine stylings!

If it isn't too much trouble. Thanks!