Thursday, April 2, 2009

APRIL FOOLS!

My Etsy shop was all a sham! There was only one person who called me on the hideous products. I am thinking that my friends are all too nice to potentially dash my dreams, but fear no more! All of my items for sale were products of Joel and my imaginations the night before. Then I made them all in like half an hour and the Etsy shop was born!
I get kind of bugged when people laugh harder at their own joke than anybody else does, but I'm afraid I might be doing that. Joel and I had a lot of laughs about this. I hope you did too.
I thought of the Cuddle Soft Ear and the Hot Little Hand. Joel came up with the Cuddle Soft Face, Child Sackcloth, and Table Rooster. The curtains have actually been hanging in Dane's room for like a year. I accidentally did one sideways and never got around to fixing it. So that one was real, haha.
I will be keeping the shop up for about another week just for laughs, but I better take it down in case someone tries to buy something. That's pretty improbable, though, eh?
I will probably have a real shop sometime in the future; my sister and I are coming up with ideas. I'll let you know whenever we get it up. Hopefully they will be more attractive products.
Happy April Fool's Day!

9 comments:

Bryan said...

Aha. Very, very clever!

In truth, I would have never clicked on the link if I hadn't known it was a joke. I'm just not the Etsy type, ya know.

I think my April Fool's posts from last year went over peoples' heads too, even though I thought they were very funny. I don't think I got a single comment in response. That's partly why I didn't do any this year. I guess people just don't know when I'm joking and when I'm being serious.

Like right now.

:)

jen and michael said...

Doh! I was about to buy one of the hot hands, and to be honest, steal the idea for sackcloths. Hmmm what to dress ethan in today? easy! hmmm, tomorrow? Easy! Ash Wednesday? Easy!

Sistahood said...

Well, I am STILL laughing about the shop. I found out about the joke before I actually saw it, but apparently you had Kenta totally fooled. Great April Fool's joke.

I am ticked that I won't be able to order that table rooster, though.

Laura said...

Honestly,

I was a little concerned about what you've been up to, until I saw the "rocks from the backyard" in the materials listing.

Then I just laughed a lot.

LJ said...

Three tries. It took me three tries and a closer look at the child sackcloth to figure out you were joking. And that cuddle ear is something horrible.

Megan said...

I agree about people laughing at their own jokes. I hate it when I think something I've done is particularly hilarious, or I'm tired, and I end up laughing harder than other people. I didn't check your blog yesterday, and I'm sorry I missed it. But I'm very impressed that you were able to put together six fake products to sell that quickly. Good luck on your real products.

Melissa said...

Oh Ami- that is HILARIOUS! Oh my gosh! Joanna told me about it- I only wish I has seen it on april fools day so I could make my own assumptions. Joanna thought for a long while if it was true or not- she said maybe Ami would be that weird but I'm not sure. Ha ha- Funniest April Fools joke- I love it!

Cassia said...

I get the joke now. I feel silly I didn't get it yesterday. :) I looked at your site, but just at the overall, and thought - "Wow, not my preference, but I'm not really artistic anyway..." :) I didn't think to click on the individual items - that would have given it away. Now that I have... those were really good. :D

Miriam said...

you crack me up Ami! I love that you and Joel cooked this all up the night before. Ryan and I had a good laugh about the "hot little hand", our personal favorite. love the picture of it on Dane's back....a little creepy looking.