Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dane Smiles!

I've been trying for a long time to capture a picture of Dane smiling, but he was rather uncooperative. I finally enlisted the help of his hilarious dad, and we got a few.



Dane had a bad day yesterday for whatever reason. He decided that he hated his crib, didn't want to nap, and would just scream when he'd cry. I don't know if he's teething or what. I don't think he's sick. Anyway, he also seems to really like sucking on my face. I used to think it was a sign that he was hungry, but I think he just likes it. And last night, because he'd been so sad, I figured I'd let him suck on my face for a few seconds to make him feel better. No harm in that, right?
Wrong. There was harm:

Yes, that's a hickey. From Dane.

6 comments:

The Frosts said...

Man, he just gets cuter and cuter. Love your hickey. Hope he's feeling more himself today. (And BTW, yes, I did buy the Chicco carseat/stroller - you asked me forever ago).

Melissa said...

Hooray! Congratulations on the smile! They ALWAYS smile for daddy- no fair- it's true we moms are just feeding troughs to babies. But you are also someone he can "practice" his macking on I guess. A little weird but still silly and cute! That was a funny story.

Anonymous said...

Both Jonathan and Emma would start sucking on Cassia's chin if it ever got too close. It was pretty funny to watch!

Babies are such powerful suckers. I'm always surprised at how much force our kids could muster whenever one of my fingers ended up in their mouths. I can easily see how one can get an "instant hickey" from that. I wonder if Joel's jealous about another man making such overt advances toward his wife. "No, that wasn't me. That was my son. We're working through some family issues at the moment."

By the way, I'm pleased as punch to have found you two online. (Yes, I Google the names of people I know in my spare time. I'm utterly shameless.)

LJ said...

BAHAHAHAHAAAAA!! That's hilarious!

Tracie Frost said...

Love those smiles! The hickey is hilarious!

LJ said...

Good tidings. Nice.