Friday, January 4, 2008

Lots of Stuff

Boy, it's been a while. Lots of happy things have happened. Christmas was great. We had a great time hanging out with just our little family until my sister Rika and her husband, Brady, came over for dinner. Dane even sort of held onto some wrapping paper and tore it a little. I was proud.

Dinner was a blast and left us tons and tons of leftovers.

I also made a Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie like from Waitress.

I'll need to tweak it a little for next time; it wasn't really solid. But still delicious.
Then for New Years, we made our rounds by visiting my Uncle Steve/Aunt Jolene's family, stopping by Joel's cousin David and Sandy's house, heading down to Springville to hang out with Rika and Brady, and on to Brady's uncle's house for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire with real cash! Rika was the most daring, so she got a question wrong and dropped to $5 after getting to the $25 question; I was chicken and bowed out at $16 (though it turned out I would have guessed right and won $25); and both Joel and Brady missed the $30 question and dropped to $25. Big winners. So much for the Hood smarts, eh? It was super fun. I want to get rich enough to play games like that with my family.

We really had a great time spending time with Rika and Brady. I was happy they got to meet Dane. They got introduced to his abundance of spit up. Here we are before we headed off to the airport to say our goodbyes.


Happy Sew Year
I also finished a couple of sewing projects. My parents got me a serger for Christmas, so it's fun to make things look nice and professional...or as close as I can get with my imperfect sewing skills. Rika had the brilliant idea to make a temple dress for my mom because she's been borrowing one from a friend for like ten years. Here we are with the finished product:

Mom was really happy to get it.

Then, Rika's husband's brother's wife's mom (Melissa's mom) made me a pattern for a winter car seat cover, which was super nice of her. I made a couple of little adjustments from checking out Meghan's cover that Joel's sister Jennifer made, and tada!

I'm particularly proud of the embroidery/quilting that I did.


Finally, Dane is still cute. This is how he's been sleeping lately:

It makes me laugh every time.
Here are some pictures I took during his bath.
I parted his hair:

And isn't it amazing how fat my sweet boy has become?

He likes to chew on his towel.

I just love him like crazy. We have so much fun together.

5 comments:

Cagney and Laci said...

Very impressive sewing skills! Dane is getting cuter and cuter every minute!

Kristen and Ryan said...

I kept waiting to see a frost christmas post! sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I am so jealous of your serger. I keep saying I want one when I grow up, but thats going to be a while from now! LOVE the swirlies on the car seat cover (someday I may need to borrow the pattern from you...someday after we move!) glad you had a merry christmas!

LJ said...

Hooray! An update! And yes, Dane is getting so fat. Fat fat fat.

Tracie Frost said...

I LOVE my serger - don't know what i would do without it! You're doing some awesome stuff with it already! I had to take a class just to learn how to thread mine!!!

Ricki said...

Hey Frost Fam! I don't know if you'll even remember me, but it's Ricki Leishman from Provo Peak 1st Ward (or Provo 7th Ward). I found my way to your blog through the Wilkins blog, on which I am also posted--shameless plug for my own blog! I love your stuff on here! Seriously, I learn a lot from reading your posts. I hope you guys are doing great, it looks like you are. Your boy is adorable! And you have mad sewing skills!