Thursday, November 20, 2008

See?

First, I'd like to direct everyone's attention to a touching little tribute to parents that my sister-in-law wrote. It includes some pretty awesome pictures. Thanks, Kendall. In case you can't tell, this "Kenta" that she keeps referring to is my brother. By extension, we have the same parents, which is why I am referring you. Of course, if you didn't know this, I'm not sure why you're reading my blog.
Second, here is something that I find amusing: I bought Dane some little board books for his birthday. They are Tonka books, so every page has at least one truck in it (see how I'm training him to be masculine?). Most of the books are pretty cute, like Colors! and Numbers! It seems pretty intuitive how they worked the truck theme into those. But then there's Words! Since it is a ten-word book, I'll write it all out for you:
STRONG
FAST
MIGHTY
BIG
TOUGH
FEARLESS
DARING
HARD-WORKING
DEPENDABLE
FUN
That is it. This is supposed to help you teach kids words? With a bunch of synonyms? Lame synonyms? And doesn't it sound eerily similar to a certain someone's performance review visual aid?

Children's literature at its best.
Finally, I also found it amusing that I actually italicized the names of these ten-word books. Nerd.

5 comments:

Tracie Frost said...

Ha, ha. You won't find those words in any of my girls' princess books!

LJ said...

Don't you mean "children's literature at it's best"?

George said...

LJ! HAHAHAHA!! Education at it's best!! nice!

Sistahood said...

Awww...thanks for putting a plug in for our blog. And I did notice that you italicized the names of the books - as if they were real works of literary genius. Here's something you can teach Dane that might come in handy in the future:

Daredevil
Awesome Worker
Neat Worker
Excellent Worker

LJ said...

Your folks' wedding photo is riveting. I've clicked on it an embarrassing amount of times. That is boss.

Also, you were a surprisingly bald baby. Welp, you made up for it in the hair department, didntcha?