Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Well, another Halloween has come and gone, and we had a great time. Dane's first debut in his costume was our ward mother's group Halloween party, but of course I forgot my camera. Maybe I will get some from my friends.
Anyway, then the big day was here, and we went to a party at George & Melanee's. Here is the best picture I could get of Dane, since he was very adept at taking off his hat:

Toad! In case you don't recognize him, he is Toad from Mario Brothers of Nintendo fame. Let me know if you recognize Toad or not; at church, I found it was 50/50. I am not very happy with the pictures. I may have to dress him up again and get some better shots.
Anyway, Joel and I got in the spirit of things, too:




Here are some more pictures to show how good Dane was at taking off his hat:


I also made a little Ghost Fishing game that was a big hit among the little kids, literally and figuratively. I had to confiscate the fishing poles before an eye was poked out, but it was fun.



Even though we didn't watch Thriller this year, we had a great time. Thanks to George and Melanee for hosting us.
Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

LJ said...

I can't stop laughing. Holy boloney. Ami, you've done it again!

Adam will vouch for me: I checked your blog about three times this weekend looking for pictures of Dane's costume. Whooo boy. Wow.

The Frosts said...

You get props for the best costumes around. I knew he was from Mario! I love the family themed costume! Extra cute!

Megan said...

Those are great costumes! Melanee told me Dane was Toad, so I don't know if I would have been able to guess if I'd seen him. I think I would, though.

jen and michael said...

those were awesome costumes! I love it and yes I totally knew who he was!

Melanee said...

I can't believe anyone wouldn't recognize Dane as Toad, but then maybe not everyone was as obsessed with Nintendo as we were as kids. I guess it's probably a generational thing, too. Thanks for coming over on Halloween. We love hanging out with you guys.

Tracie Frost said...

Ah hahhahaha!!! I love your costumes!!! I feel like I've been waiting for this post all year!

Sistahood said...

Yeah, the hat really does complete the costume. I thought he looked a little like Aladdin (like your dad) without the hat on. That, and the fact that he was barechested underneath his little vest when we saw him. I loved the entire ensemble!

Julia said...

Holy Crap those are awesome costumes! Very creative!