Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Festivities

We had a lot of fun this Easter weekend, doing the traditional things.
We kicked things off with some egg dying:
First, Dane put eggs in all the colors.

Then he'd check to see if they were satisfactory:

Pink didn't work very well.
But green did!

I was impressed with how well he used the little wire egg dipper thing.
But then hands were just easier.


Dane chose blue as his favorite.


Then, Easter Sunday morning, Dane found what the Easter bunny left him:

The Easter bunny left quite a mess, leaving carrot crumbs and muddy footprints all around the Easter basket. Fortunately for us, the mess was completely localized on this piece of posterboard that happened to be right under the Easter basket. Whew.


For the record, I didn't know my lumpy, pajamaed form was in the picture.
Rainbow beanbags!

And yes, I know Dane has his pajama shirt on backward. He does it on purpose because he thinks it makes him look like a football player. He says letters on your shirt mean you're fast.

We had a little family photo shoot before church. I must say, I think I live with two very handsome boys.

Joel taught Dane how to look dapper:

But Dane had his own ideas of how to pose:


Easter family!

After church, we headed down for our 9th Annual Easter Dinner with the Penovich family.
The Penoviches are so kind and friendly that they often have many guests for Easter. But this year they are empty nesters, and we were the only guests! (Including Kenji and his friend, Spencer). We felt special.
Our gracious hosts, Todd & Lanez:

After a delicious dinner, they hid 75 Easter eggs for Dane, Kenji, and Spencer.



Sometimes he'd have to race Daddy to get the eggs.


Dane found more eggs than Kenji and Spencer put together!


Happy Easter!

P.S. I have a few fun videos to post, but I'm having trouble uploading them. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Rika Burr said...

who the heck is spencer. also dane is still doing is crazy pose that he started doing at the gap last summer.

and i can't believe you didn't know that letters on your shirt make you faster. duh.

HEEheeheeheeheehyahahahahaha

Evan and Holly said...

Love those outfits. Love them. Love Dane's hat. Love that he keeps it on. Love the suspenders. Love the whole package. Love how your skirt matches. So cute.

Meghan said...

What a beautiful family! Ami, I am so impressed with your ability to sew. And you are exceptionally beautiful in those pictures. I love it!

Bruthahood said...

That means Dane found >= 38 eggs.

Mika Fitch said...

Why don't you have action shots of Kenji finding eggs??

I love the pictures of Dane looking dapper. So cute.

LJ said...

You HAVE to teach me how to dress my men alike. Those dapper shots made me die.

Lizzy said...

You are continually creative!