Friday, April 22, 2011

A Dollop of Dane

I have a whole bunch of random pictures of Dane that I've never posted, so here they are for your enjoyment.
Dan likes to exercise on his bed, and like any male wanting show off his impressive physique, he does it shirtless:

Then, as only a toddler can, he does it pantless:

After sufficient warm up and after being fully clothed again, Dane shows off his impressive jumping skills:


Sometimes, if Dane misses his nap, he'll fall asleep on the couch. He's never been one to sleep in random places; he's never fallen asleep during dinner or while playing with his toys or anything like that. But if he's really tired, he can provide us with cute sleeping shots:

Dane has also recently become interested in what it means to be blind. He knows the story of Jesus healing the blind man, so he often pretends to be blind and then is miraculously healed.
Sometimes, tape causes the blindness.


Other times, he just closes his eyes and wanders around, bumping into things:



Dane loves to give his cars bubble baths. On this day, he joined in on the action.




We had chocolate fondue for our Family Home Evening treat one night.

So Dane grew a mustache.

He loves to be seen hotrodding in Lightning McQueen.

Dane's been successfully potty-trained since December, but we recently transitioned from the froggy toilet to the big toilet. He was very proud!

So there's a glimpse into our every day life with a sweet boy. He makes our lives fun, happy, and amazing.

P.S. I'd like to draw your attention to the new pregnancy countdown that I put on the top righthand corner of the blog. What is up with that silhouette? Do you know anyone who looks like that when they're pregnant? Okay, fine, I can think of some people, but certainly not me. If I had any computer programming skills, I would adjust the silhouette to have love handles, another chin, and overall larger features. And a popped bellybutton. That didn't happen with Dane. Weird.

6 comments:

Evan and Holly said...

Well, maybe the belly button means that you are having a girl...I think one of us should have one :) Love those pictures of Dane. I'm glad you finally transitioned to the bigger potty---I know that was bothering you. Do you have an insert for the big potty or does he just use his muscle to hold himself up? Just curious...cuz I'm thinking about what I'd like to do with our downstairs potty.

Rika Burr said...

i like the fact that dane has chocolate on his nose, and that he has a milk mustache in the picture of him being blind. i want to skype with dane. now. i called you and you didn't answer. what is up with that.

Lizzy said...

What a little cutie Dane is! Also, I love how real you are with the pregnancy photo!

LJ said...

Four words: Pants-off dance-off.

Also! I think my double chin is the thing I love least about post-baby-ness. It bothers me more than stretch marks, even, and I've got like a jillion of those.

Meghan said...

I loved the updates! Dane is such a big boy. It's hard for me to even think he's old enough for big boy underwear. And be careful with the "blind boy." Lauren also went through a phaze where she was blind all the time resulting in a split open chin and stitches. Be careful Dane!

Cassia said...

I totally agree about the sillouette comment. I looked at it and thought, "She really doesn't look almost 27 weeks pregnant. At least that's not how *I* look right now!" :) Good thing we're the normal ones, and not the picture, right? :)