Thursday, June 11, 2009

A-Camping We Went

We went camping a few weekends ago with some friends I grew up with and their families. Specifically, it was Chris & Teresa and Evan & Holly. It was great fun; definitely a repeatable experience. But it was a while ago and I took a million pictures, so I am not going to write much.
This is the only group shot I got:

Dane protecting our tent:


Evan feeding Kyle:

Proof that I was actually there:

Joel stoking the fire in the ridiculously huge, major-child-hazard fire pit:

Dane and Joel "packing up the tent":

Hey, where did Dane go??


Then we went rock climbing, which I had never done before.

Evan:

Joel:



And he made it to the top!

I got a couple of nice butt shots of Joel, but I will just keep those for myself.
Then I tried my hand at it. I fell off in like the first two seconds but then did pretty well after that. I will credit my years of experience as a tree climber.



Joel got a couple of butt shots of me, but those were not so nice.
Then Teresa showed us her mad skills:

And Holly had a turn:

Then Joel belayed while Chris took a turn:


Try not to confuse Joel with Quasimodo ringing the church bell.
The kids all had their various ways of hanging around waiting. Kyle slept for a while:

Halle and Dane bonded:

Dane played with Daddy:



Two babies!!

Then, it was time to go. I got a nice little nature shot as we hiked out:

And within seconds, Dane was asleep.

We had such a great time. Let's do it again soon.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

A few things.

I love Dane's camo clothes in the wildlife background.

I loved your striped shirt against the rock wall.

I love that had such a wonderful time!

I'm jealous you went rock climbing...something I've never done or had the arm strength to do. How fun for you guys!

LJ said...

We're going camping this very night. It's going to be a-the-bomb.

Evan and Holly said...

I have a whole album with pictures that I want to burn for you, but we took our computer in to Apple today and we have to wait for them to order the part and then we have to drop it off for about 5 days before it is fixed and I can get those to you. So sorry, but I think most of the pictures you have are very similar to ours. We are excited to see you next week at Chris & Teresa's.

Miriam said...

how fun! Wish we were there to go on fun campouts with you guys. The rock climbing looked fun! It's so great that you guys all get together still.

Kristen and Ryan said...

looks like a successful camping trip! wish we were closer by to get in on the fun! I asked Ryan if he wanted to go camping on his break coming up at the end of the month and he said he thought it was too hot...bummer! I guess we'll just have to spend all day at the pool instead!

Sistahood said...

Fun! It looks like you guys had a blast. Wish I coulda seen more butt shots of you guys....oh, well. And, of course, Dane was cute as usual. I loved the picture of him hugging his little friend. Too cute.