Friday, May 22, 2009

Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday, and I had a super happy day. It all began when Joel made me a lovely breakfast of creme brulee french toast and teechino. Then, after Joel left for work, Dane and I lounged around for a while until Dane's nap. At that point, I contemplated not showering because I sometimes hate showering and it was my birthday, but I showered anyway. Then, Dane and I had a little lunch date, where we tasted the unfried side of KFC. He was well behaved and ate a lot, which made me happy.
Then, we went to Wheeler Farm. I was really excited about this because Dane loves identifying the animals in his books and shouting "Neigh, neigh!" or "Moo, moo" or "Baa, baa!" as the case may be. So I thought seeing the real things would be a grand time.
First, we fed the geese our KFC biscuit.

Dane enjoyed both throwing pieces of biscuit to geese and eating some himself.

Then he ran around, chasing the geese for a while.

He came upon a mother goose with her goslings. I thought it'd make a cute picture, so I encouraged Dane to go up to them. But then the mother goose hissed at him. If you look up close, you can see the hissing:

So, in order to circumvent a goose attack, we continued on our way.
Next the chickens,

Moo-moos,

Neigh-neighs,

Bunnies,

and Baas.

Dane wasn't enjoying the animals as much as I thought he would. I think he was a little intimidated by how big they were, plus there were other kids around. If we have learned anything from Dane being in nursery, it is that he doesn't like being around more than a couple of kids at a time. There were plenty of times that he wanted to just sit with me and suck him thumb.
Many of you know that he likes to suck his thumb and rub his ear. Well, lately he's taken to changing things up and reaching for the other ear.

But then he found something that brought him joy: tractors.



Then he felt rejuvenated enough to tackle the goats. He thought the baby goat (the kid?) was a puppy, which I can understand.



When we came home, I thought I'd put Dane down for a nap, but our neighbors were playing in their little pool, so he had to join in.


Then Joel came home and we picked up a nightstand that my parents got me. It is very pretty. Finally, Joel took me to P.F. Chang's, which I love. I had many delectable dishes, topped off with their yummy banana spring rolls.

Thanks to all of you who called and left me little notes. I had a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Kristen and Ryan said...

happy late birthday ami! I may not be as good as remembering birth dates as you....but I do remember you're good at remembering them so that counts for something, right?
you didn't review kfc's grilled chicken for us. I've been wondering what it was like with all the commercials and such. is it good?
dane sure is getting big! sounds like you guys have so much fun! wish we were closer so we could get together!

Meghan said...

What a wonderful day for you! I'm glad it was good. And can I just say Dane is the cutest little boy ever? I feel like he's growing so much and I'm missing it all! I want to go to Wheeler farm with you!

Cassia said...

Happy belated birthday! :)

I really liked the picture of Dane reaching for his "other ear." :)