Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween II

Halloween was a happy time. Joel had a fun office party...here's his story:
We had 22 minutes to create Halloween costumes from anything in the office.

I found the stocking cap from a build-your-own-snowman kit, and made the glasses from a computer cord and tape. I won second place, behind scarecrow. My boss gave me FIFTY BUCKS!

So Joel was Waldo for Halloween. Then, we went to a party at our friends' George and Melanee, and we unveiled Dane's costume:

The Golden Snitch! I've very recently gotten into Harry Potter (nursing gives me lots of time to read), so I decided to make him a snitch costume. I was all excited and tried to make the trick-or-treaters guess what he was before they'd get candy, but none of them knew. I guess Harry Potter isn't as big with kids as it is with adults. Oh well. Here he is with his daddy, the Dementor:


And here he is with his cousin Lauren (the chicken) and his friend Sami (the elephant).

We finished off the night by watching Michael Jackson's Thriller video. All in all, it was a very happy Halloween!

3 comments:

LJ said...

This is so good. Dane's costume is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Period. I'm grinning like an idiot right now.

And Lauren and Sammy...how cute. You guys are lucky to live close to each other. Bah!

Cagney and Laci said...

I am so impressed with the golden snitch. I am sure he was the kid with the coolest costume on the block! Joel makes a great dementor as well. sounds like some seriously fun times!

The Frosts said...

That is the COOLEST costume ever. I love it. I was going to guess a Hershey kiss at first but I knew that wasn't right. Are you loving the HP books, they're great aren't they? Your Halloween looks super fun. Dane is SO cute!