Saturday, November 3, 2007

Chili Cookoff!

Our ward had the Friends of Scouting Chili Cookoff tonight. It involved a silent auction of things the scouts had collected, a live auction of desserts, and a chili contest. I contributed some chili, and Joel and I hoped to win some cool stuff. Here is some of our bounty:

We won those sunglasses and the wooden peg game in the silent auction, and we won the castle cake and pumpkin dessert in the live auction. The pumpkin is yummy; we haven't tried the castle yet. For both of them, we felt bad because no one was bidding on them and we didn't want them to go for just a dollar, so Joel and I kept outbidding each other until they got to a respectable price. I think we confused the auctioneer.
As for the chili contest...

I won Most Traditional Chili! Which is actually funny because it had chorizo and cocoa powder in it. But I was still happy to win. I pumped my fists in the air and ran up to the stage to claim my prize; people laughed at me, but I think that's how prizes should always be received.
Also, here is the picture they took of me and Dane at the midwife clinic, now that we're officially done with all pregnancy/labor related checkups:

I'd like everyone to note that my face is not nearly as puffy as it was during pregnancy. Even though I'm not anywhere close to losing all my pregnancy weight, it's nice not to have a fat face anymore. Plus, you may have noticed that I have had my hair in a ponytail almost constantly for the past 10 months. While I was pregnant, I was just too hot to blowdry it or have it in my face, and now I keep it back while I'm nursing (which is all the time), plus I don't have much chance to do it. But soon I'll be sporting a new 'do because I also won a haircut and style at the silent auction. I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

Kristen and Ryan said...

ami, you are such a cute mom. seriously, I don't think mothering came as easy to me as it looks like it does to you. you just look like a natural! your face looks very skinny. and way to go on your chili. dane's halloween costume is SO cute. I am very impressed with your sewing talents and your creativity. anyways, I love the updates!

LJ said...

Can I have your chili recipe? Please?

MyR said...

Hi! I'm Maryon - one of Joel's old classmates from high school. First CONGRATS on your cute little boy! Second, you two CRACK ME UP! Joel always did and I'm glad to see he found a wife that has the same sence of humor. I laughed so hard at the video at the bottom of your blog. I'm glad I found you through links from friends. I needed a good laugh today!

If you send me an email to myr_d@hotmail.com I'll send an invite to my blog.

Have a happy day!

Tracie Frost said...

Gotta agree with the 1st post - you make mothering look easy! I love the costume and who wouldn't want a castle cake?????

Miriam said...

Ponytails are moms best friends. It's hard to break away from them knowing you will be spending the majority of your day at home....not much motivation to spend all the time fixin it up. I I'm acutally get a haircut this weekend, something that hasn't happened in a very long time.

jen and michael said...

love your guys site, did i mention that i watch your video atleast 4 times a week?