Thursday, February 21, 2013

Christmas Crazies: PRESENTS!!

Now, we all know that Christmas isn't really about the presents. But don't you think you gain some interesting insight into people by observing what they give and get each other?
No?
Case in point:
Can you see the glint of joy and utter surprise as my dad opened up the medical grade scale that my mom got him?

Weird present, right? How many of the rest of you had a huge scale sitting in the living room when all the presents were opened? To be clear, the scale is STILL sitting in the living room. Used daily.
This is a strange present, except perhaps when you consider the fact that my dad had a heart attack over 5 years ago, after which he lost a lot of weight and has kept it off remarkably well.
Also, consider the fact that we are a nerdy type of family that likes things to be exact. 

Case in point:

I don't think that gift really needs any explanation, except that the creepy, stalker-ish tendencies of Google worked in my favor this Christmas. Somehow it knew that somewhere out there, the perfect combination of Star Trek and Cycling jersey would find a happy home in the Hood household.

Cute Mika and her cute money tree (thank you, Pinterest.)


Christmas Eve pajamas for the kids:

Mom realizing what the framed recital program meant:

Kenji wearing the hat I bought him immediately after he sent me the link and said, "I might want this." I had to jump on it. Brothers are hard to shop for. He was so happy to get it.
I think.

Dane and Uncle Brady:

June-in-the-box, wearing the adorable jacket from Jiichan & Baachan.
Rika and I playing our traditional and impossible Nutcracker Duets:


Oh, and did you notice? Our photos look suddenly way better now! We got a fancy new DSLR for Christmas! I am so happy! And I also learned that taking a semester of high school photography back in 1999 (read: before digital) doesn't make for a knowledgable photographer.



2 comments:

LJ said...

I have so many thoughts right now it's hard to sift them all. Let just say it looks like it was a wicked good
Christmas.

Also, is it just me or is Dane starting to slightly resemble Joel?

Melanee said...

Cool, you got a new camera! I was noticing that your pictures on the food blog looked really good. In fact, I thought maybe you had asked the Baked guys if you could use their photos because they look so good.