Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

Hey, look! A new post!
This Easter is the first time I have had TWO children to match, and I went a little crazy. But I must say, I am happy with the results:

For June: dress, headband, and sandals that would not stay on.
For Dane: vest (he got to choose his own buttons), clip-on tie, hat, shorts repurposed from a pair of pants that Joel ripped. (FYI: I printed the hat at 60% since it is meant for adults.)
For Joel: bowtie
For me: hair flower, bracelet
(June had the same buttons on the back of her dress. I love these buttons.)

It's funny how adding another family member exponentially increases the difficulty of getting a good family photo.

And I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get a better siblings shot, but they're still cute:
June kind of looks like she's belching in that last one. An adorable baby belch, of course.

And this is Dane's best attempt at looking like a newsy:
Carrying the banner!!

I am a nerd.

Stay tuned for Easter egg dying/hunting, Easter Bunny and Cousins in Texas, and Random Pictures from during My Blog Hiatus!

6 comments:

LJ said...

Hee hee...cute baby belch.

The Frosts said...

DARLING! It is so fun to see some new pics of your darling kiddos. Yes, welcome to the world of getting multiple kids to look at the camera. It's hideous. Sigh. I heart Newsies ;)

Kristen and Ryan said...

So cute! This was my first year having to sew 2 dresses! I used to be able to just finish the dress and then the boy was easy...dresses x 2 is so much harder! But I never do Ryan and I!
Okay so I had to comment because of the Newsies part. I teach the 10 and 11 year old girls in Primary and this week part of the lesson talked about a newspaper headline and I was like, "you know, like Newsies! Carrying the banner!" **crickets**
I felt old.

Lizzy said...

Well done Ami! You went above and beyond.

Meghan said...

I am so impressed. YOU look absolutely beautiful by the way. And darling June can't keep a smile off her face. I love that baby. Great job on all the sewing. You are AMAZING!

Cassia said...

I am amazed that you made matching clothes. Actually, I am amazed that you actually made the clothes. Or rather, I am amazed at you for actually making clothes and in awe that they look so wonderful.

And I can totally relate on the "adding one child makes family photos exponentially harder" part.