Friday, January 20, 2012

June: Five Months!

Does being a bad blogger make me a bad mom?

A few days ago was June's five month birthday. I am only a few days late...except that I never blogged about her four month birthday. So I'm really just over a month late for the four month post.

Anyway. I intended to post five month pictures with her four month stats, but now I can't find her stats. They're here somewhere.

But the point is, she is absolutely adorable.
Her current loves and developments:
-She is crazy drooly. I'll go through several bibs a day to keep her clothes dry because she leaks through them so quickly. I was afraid she was getting more teeth, but she just drools.
-Yeah, she has teeth. Two bottom ones. They appeared about ten days before she was four months old. The doctor said the average age for first teeth is 7 1/2 months; Dane was five months.
-She loves her nightly bath. When she hears the water running, she gets really excited, says "gaa gaa," and flails around.
-We've been feeding her a little bit of rice cereal, peas, and sweet potatoes for the last three weeks or so. She does pretty well with it, though I am really sad she's getting so big. Oh, and all this is aided by the amazing Baby Magic Bullet we got for Christmas.
-She's sitting up pretty well and can sit for like 20 minutes on her own. She's not completely stable, but she's one strong girl.
-She can roll over but hardly ever does. It's just not her thing.
-It's kind of tapered off lately, but around four months, she would yell "gaa gaa" ALL THE TIME. I don't even know if it was trying to communicate or just entertaining herself or what. But it was loud and happened a lot.
-She loves her feet. As soon as we pop off her socks or pajamas, she grabs for her feet.
-She loves her mommy. She gets almost as excited to see me as she gets about her bath. It melts me every time.
-Her four month mark was characterized by teething, crazy holiday schedule, and the natural sleep changes of that period. That resulted in terrible sleep. In the last week, it got better, but she's got a little cold and it's gone downhill again. Poor baby. And, by extension, poor me.
-Dane loves her. He gets so excited to see her in the morning that he sometimes wakes her up. Good things it's cute. She's so big and archy that it's really hard for him to hold her, though.
-It seems like she's just itching to be mobile. My guess is she'll be crawling before too long, but I really hope she stays my little fat baby for a little while longer.
-She likes to hold my hand while she's nursing. It is a sweet little connection that I hope will stay.
-Joel can sometimes get her to just crack up, and her laugh is so beautiful.
-We call her Junie, sweet baby, Jun-chan, and Junebug. Dane is also a fan of calling her Junie Cutie and Sweetie Little Baby.
-I love her fuzzy little stuck up tuft of hair. She never lost her hair like Dane did. And she has these pretty blue grey eyes. I have no idea where that came from. Must be the Frost side because no one on the Hood side has them.

I love my sweet June. While I will appreciate more sleep whenever it comes, I hope time doesn't go by too fast.

6 comments:

Bruthahood said...

Finally! Updates!...although we're not much better.
She is a massive baby. Abigail is still only 15 lbs. and she's almost 13 months now. The pictures of June look good. She'll become a little less fat once she becomes more mobile. That's the way Thomas was. Now he's pretty skinny.

Miriam said...

Oh I love this! She is so precious! I too am absolutely loving this baby stage, but also second the want for more sleep for me and him. I say this as he is attempting to scream himself to sleep. Poor baby. Just sleep.

Lizzy said...

I think not blogging equals a good mom. When is there the time?

LJ said...

Those babythighs are the most delicious thing I've ever seen.

Melanee said...

I hope that Lizzy is right and that not blogging for well over a year means that I'm actually awesome and not just incredibly lame. I hope you are getting better sleep now!

Stacey said...

She is adorable!!