Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fallishness

To start things off, I'd like to submit a query out to the universe (you).
On Sunday, I have a meeting before church, so I usually leave before Joel or Dane are dressed, so Joel takes responsibility for all that. I typically lay out an outfit for Dane before I go, but I obviously trust Joel to dress himself.
This Sunday, when Joel walked into church, I could not keep from laughing at him. He could not understand why.
I insisted his outfit was terrible. He insisted he took great pains to coordinate.
We could not agree. I maintain that he did not coordinate. Joel maintains he did.
So. I leave it to you. Does his outfit work or not?
Make sure you consider jacket, tie, pants, belt, and shoes. It's hard to tell in the photo, but his pants have pinstripes, too.

He'll probably kill me for posting this, but just to drive home his disapproval of my disapproval, he farted right when I took that second photo. Nice.
But I do think I have a handsome husband, regardless of his inability to dress himself.
Anyway, then Dane wanted in on the action. He posed himself:

Isn't he handsome, too? He is looking so big and grown up.

On to fall:
Dane was invited to a Halloween party, and they made these foam jack-o-lanterns. They were given pieces and then were able to get creative on the faces.
This is how a typical, prosaic person might have made theirs:

This is how Dane made his:

He said, "It's Daddy!"
Note the eyebrows.
Hilarious.

Traditions:
We have a fall tradition of going to a farmer's market or orchard between sessions of October conference. This year, we bought peaches and apples from a farm with George and Melanee.
These are the apples:

Which turned into over 12 pints of applesauce. And our peaches became a pie and three pints of peach butter.

They are delicious and exciting to have in our pantry.
For those of you who are in the know, that on the left is a 1.8 liter bottle of Bulldog sauce. I already know you are jealous. For those of you who are not in the know, you should still be jealous.

Another fall tradition is to go down to Provo for BYU Homecoming!
No, we don't go to the game (come on, you should know me better than that), we go and get the alumni 2 for 1 lunch at the Cannon Center!!
Dane enjoyed green Jell-O and BYU Creamery chocolate milk, Utah Mormon staples.

I, of course, needed chocolate milk, too.

And Joel and Dane finished things off with rice krispie treats.

It was a good day. The Cannon Center was remodeled a couple of years ago, and it looks quite nice. Freshmen are looking younger and younger these days, by the way.

11 comments:

Rika Burr said...

opinion on joel's outfit:
the tie did not go with the jacket at all.
shoes were semi-acceptable but not fully ok.
everything else was ok for the most part.

in the end though, this is what matters: I also would have laughed at him when he walked in. Even if he was not my husband. The best part of the outfit is definitely the fart.

also it was precious to see dane posing. And I liked his Joel Pumpkin

George said...

I can't say enough good about that get-up. Joel is a gentleman with an eye for fashion that is unparalleled. If only all women were so blessed with such a husband.

George said...

I'm sorry to have missed the Cannon center outing. 'Tis a shame for sure.

LJ said...

I laughed out loud over and over in this post.

Also, the summer Nate lived with us (age 26) I picked out his ties for him every Sunday. I don't know why he trusted me more, though...my skills at matching are still abysmal.

Also, those pictures of Dane made me squee. He is such a little man.

Bruthahood said...

So, Joel can't wear something that may not match and it be called stylish? I bet some designer could stick the EXACT same clothes on some skeletor model and be told it is genious. Then that would make Joel a genious...or it's possible the designer would be mocked and kicked out of the realm of designers. Hard to say.

Meghan said...

Joel...I have to side with Ami...it wasn't quite right.

And I'm totally jealous of the BYU homecoming festivities. I love that.

And I love the Joel Pumpkin. Hilarious!

Stacey said...

For me, plaids and stripes do not generally go together. It's too much for me to handle in one viewing. However, if it is an issue of going to church or not because there is no other church ready attire and you would be super duper late, heck, at least you're there with a smiling little boy in tow, but overall, I'm in agreement with Ami on this one! ;-)

Evan and Holly said...

I forgot to tell you last night, but I'm with you on the outfit. However, Evan would side with Joel. Luckily, Evan has no suit coats and only likes to wear white shirts to church--so it doesn't matter what tie he wears. Although, I think most of them are ugly even if they match the outfit. Love the Joel pumpkin....I just think Dane is so cute. (I always lay out all the boys clothes all the time...no trust there. No trust :)

Joel said...

In my defense...
I don't know how I'm going to finish that sentence.
That is a handsome jacket. Another guy at church told me so.
Also, you can't prove anything about the flatulence, and certainly not that it was on purpose. One cannot pass gas on demand, you know.
Also, Dane is a creative boy.

Cagney and Laci said...

From a distance it looks ok. once you get a closer look it just feels wrong.

Cassia said...

Sorry Joel, we definitely side with Ami. The *color* of the tie may have worked with the jacket or the pants, but the design of the tie does not work with the design of the jacket. And the pants and jacket don't coordinate well at all color-wise.

I loved Dane's pumpkin. :) That fresh (and bottled) produce looks very good! And I miss being able to take advantage of the Cannon Center deal. Ah, fun days. (And yes - freshman do definitely look younger now!)