Monday, February 8, 2010

Sundry Stuff

Here's a little smattering of some things we've been up to lately:

Superhero adventures
Dane has been watching The Incredibles a lot lately (even though he's really scared of the "big robot," he keeps asking to watch). One day, he asked me for a "Buddy Cape." When I asked what color he wanted, he said pink.
Super Dane!


He watches out for any signs of trouble

Strikes dashing poses

Leaps over changing tables in a single bound

Hangs out in his secret lair

Undertakes covert operations

And, of course, flies

After we'd played for a while, he ran off and returned wearing all of the costume jewelry I have in a treasure box.

Maybe Joel needs to assert some more manly influence on him.

Home improvements
Hey, how did we get so much more counter space all of a sudden? Wait. The knife block is gone! Where are all our knives???

Oh, here they are!

Thanks, IKEA (and Joel). It may seem like a weird place for all your knives, but it has been awesome.

Random sidenote: Every tuesday for the past two years, I've been leading a court ordered therapy group for people who've been charged with domestic violence. I've actually enjoyed it quite a bit, but sometimes people say really strange things. One day, one woman told us how, when she was seventeen, her boyfriend stabbed her in the leg with a kitchen knife. Another woman said--quite seriously--"That's why you shouldn't keep knives in your house."
Hm. Maybe you just shouldn't date violent losers. But that's just my opinion.

Sugar cookies
I saw this idea in Friend magazine and thought it was pretty cool.

Then, we painted cookies for Family Home Evening.



Yes, I coordinated the frosting colors with the dish colors. It turned out very pretty, I might add.

Craftiness

I got invited to a baby shower for someone I barely know. But I feel obligated to go. But I didn't want to spend much money. So I bought a cute little onesie at Wal-Mart and used some fabric I already had to attach a little skirt. Cute and cheap. Swish.

I also made this headband to match a little outfit for my soon-to-born niece.


Just so you know, I couldn't find Dane's baby doll, and that's why a monkey became my model.

I made one more little project that I was proud of, but it is a surprise for one of the few who reads this blog, so no clues. Also, I forgot to take any pictures of it.

7 comments:

Meghan said...

Love it. Love it all! I also loved that I was the recipient of the monkey's outfit in the last pictures. it is SO CUTE!

Once again, we LOVED our package. It totally made our day/week/month. You guys are AWESOME!

Teresa said...

You are so talented and crafty. And it is good to know the world has a super-hero like Dane. Does he have, like, a call sign so if there is any danger here in Columbus we can signal him?

LJ said...

Hee hee...monkey model.

Rika Burr said...

you should take more photos in landscape because i can't put portrait ones on my desktop very well.

Cassia said...

"Super Dane" is sweet, the cookies look very nice (my children would love to do that!), and the baby gifts are quite cute. I especially love the headband. And I think the monkey makes a very good model. :)

As for the therapy sidenote - wow.

Bruthahood said...

Is that lead based paint from China?
Nice pictures of Dane although he got really hairy and skinny all of a sudden there at the end. We should Skype some time and let Dane and Thomas get acquainted again.

Megan said...

My favorite part of the post was the story about the violence group. It made me laugh and cry at the same time.