Sunday, January 31, 2010

Two Babies!

Dane has a friend named Becca. Becca's mom had to go to the hospital for a while, so she spent the afternoon, night, and next day at our house. They had a grand old time.
Dane had been requesting to get into the washing machine, so Becca joined him.

Dane is a pretty good eater, but he is nothing compared to Becca. She ate four pancakes and a bunch of scrambled eggs for breakfast, and ten minutes later, came back to ask me for milk, cheese, and corn.
We had little clementine oranges for a snack. She and Dane shared two that I peeled for them. Then I left the room for a few minutes. When I came back, I noticed some spit out orange on the floor. The trail led me to this end:

It is hard to tell in the picture, but she found another clementine and just chomped into it, peel and all.
They both wanted to be held...at the same time. Dane can get pretty heavy, but Becca was one sturdy kid. Here is my marginally successful attempt at getting a picture of holding two babies.

After that, Dane kept asking for "two babies!" So I walked around with them for a while. I bet she weighs almost 40 pounds. Whew.
We enjoyed playing with cars, trains, and balloons together. We read lots of books. They took a nap in Dane's room and shared blankets and toys.
Finally, it was time for Becca to go home. I gave them fruit snacks as a reward.

They kissed each other goodbye.

It was fun to play with you, Becca! See you in nursery!

4 comments:

Cassia said...

Wow - what a party! :) Good for you. And I'm definitely impressed - holding one heavy baby is hard enough, but two? I guess it's a good way to exercise. :)

Teresa said...

I bet that was one crazy weekend! Does it make you wish you'd had twins? Well, maybe next time you will (have twins that is) :) Hey, you never know.

Rika Burr said...

how sweet, dane's first kiss. a little early maybe?

Melanee said...

If I hadn't seen the first picture right when I read the title, I would have thought you guys were making a big announcement. Also, I love your blog layout. I wish I knew your tricks; ours could definitely use a new look.