Friday, September 25, 2009

Publicity

Here are a couple of shameless plugs.
First, in case Facebook hasn't already told you, Joel and his cousin Ben entered a little contest to make a commercial promoting BYU football, and they won. They couldn't've done it without Evan's amazing performance.

Congratulations to Joel! It is fun to have such a talented husband who seems to win something almost every time he enters a contest.
Second, this is the official unveiling of Rika, my mom, and my Etsy shop!
Welcome to Eminandems!

We just have a few products available at this time, but there are several more products that are just getting their finishing touches, so check back frequently!
I was holding off to start publicizing the shop, but we were already featured on someone's blog, so I thought I should start letting my friends and family know. I hope you know that you are not obligated to buy anything or to even think the products are cute, but I hope you'll spread the word to your other friends and family.
And now that you've seen some of our amazing products, you're probably dying to know who won the drawing for a coupon. I ended up entering everyone who tried to answer because there weren't that many submissions, so to those of you who got it wrong, it is your lucky day!
And the winner is...

LIZZY!

Congratulations to you! I will email you with the info on how to get your discount.
Here is the explanation for the contest: Dane and I were playing outside with sidewalk chalk, and I tried to draw Woody and Buzz, as several of you guessed. A few hours later, Joel came home from work and commented that he liked my drawings. Somehow, I realized that he didn't know they were Woody and Buzz, so I asked who he thought they were. He thought they were us. Joel and Ami. Even though his son is extremely obsessed with Toy Story right now. Even though "Ami" had blue eyes and purple hair. I just thought that was really funny, so I thought I'd throw it out there to the rest of you. So Lizzy guessed Joel and Ami and was sort of right, too. Other guessed that I enjoyed were "a possessed nun" and "the ladybug from A Bug's Life." So I guess I should give up my dream of becoming a chalk artist.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

cute creations from you talented Hood women! thanks for the pix of Dane's birthday, hair cut etc. He looks darling not dorky! love, Mom Frost

Miriam said...

Such a cute Etsy shop. Love it all. Where did you come up with the name?

Lizzy said...

Yea! It is my lucky day! I am so excited that I won!

Melanee said...

Wow, already featured on someone else's blog? That's great! My favorite are the crafter's caddies. Very nice.