Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Dane!!


My, how time flies. Remember when Dane was teeny and we didn't have the internet at home so I couldn't update you on anything? I'm glad those days are over, though I didn't bargain for how fast he would grow up.
One hour old

One year old

I served breakfast in bed for my little two-year old, which he enjoyed. Scrambled eggs, toast with raspberry jam, strawberries and blueberries, and chocolate milk. Dane loves chocolate milk. He seems to have forgotten that regular milk exists.


We had a happy day, despite going to the doctor and getting three shots.
His party was yesterday, which we spent with friends and what little family we have in Utah.



I made a cake that turned out to be not as cute as I imagined, but it tasted good.



We got him one of those backyard climber toys, which he was excited to get:

The other kids had fun with it, too.


Please note: Kenji was there. For some reason, I always fail to get any pictures of Kenji even though he's at pretty much everything I take pictures of. Why is that? Maybe he hides from my camera. Maybe I have a subconscious desire to delete him from my life. It's hard to say at this point.
I did get this picture of his lips and his arms playing with the Lincoln Logs he got for Dane.


Happy Birthday, sweet boy. (I'm talking to Dane, not Kenji.) I love you. I can't believe how big you are already. I am so happy you are here.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I do exist.

Sistahood said...

I'm still not convinced that those lips and arms belong to Kenji. They look pretty nondescript to me.

Happy birthday, big guy!

LJ said...

That's kind of hilarious. I've caught elbows in pictures, but never a set of lips.
Happy birthday to DANE! Hoo-rah!

Rika Burr said...

yay i am a bad aunt i forgot to call yesterday. i will call today. also i like how excited he is about the backyard toy.

poo.

Cassia said...

You're so good. I need to do some birthday posts, too... :)

Bruthahood said...

Happy birthday again Dane! Looks like he had some fun there. I think Thomas is as big as Dane was at 1 at 6 months. We'll see if he tapers off or if he continues big and strong.

Bruthahood said...

Joel, you're looking quite thin these days.

Tracie Frost said...

Happy birthday, Dane!!