Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ketchup vs. Catsup

So, it's been a long time. I never quite know how to catch up because I know some people only like to look at the pictures, while other people enjoy reading the inane commentary. But today the picture people win.
This is when we took Dane out to play in the snow. We didn't have appropriate snow clothing, so he was wearing about four layers, and we duct taped his shoes on.









Then we went up to see the lights on Temple Square with friends from Oklahoma, Chris & Teresa (with baby Halle) and Evan & Holly (with teeny baby Kyle).



That is the Japanese creche they have. You know. Celebrating my Asianity.
We also tried to get one of those take-a-picture-really-fast-before-the-babies-go-crazy pictures. They are pretty dang cute, if I say so myself.

We took TRAX downtown, and there were teenage girls on board, so of course Dane had to show off.

Then, on to Christmas. I never take enough pictures. But here you are:


Yes, that's a gun my dad is making for Dane. It will not be in his possession until he's like eight. Someday, it'll be a touching story and priceless heirloom ("This is the rifle my grandfather made me with his bare hands") Right now, it sounds pretty funny ("My baby owns a gun"). It looks really pretty, though.
Dane also rode around in the Dane-Mobile again, since my dad rides his bike every day for exercise (he weighs less than 200 pounds now, by the way).




Also, as I got Dane out of his Sunday clothes, his bowtie was on top of his head and made him look like a girl. I thought it was cute and took a picture (don't tell Joel). But now that I see the picture, he looks less like a girl and more like a boy with a bowtie on his head and a crazy mom.

I have more to report, but I'll save it for another post lest it gets interminably long.

5 comments:

LJ said...

Your posts are never interminably long. More. More more more.

Rika Burr said...

poo

Sistahood said...

What is it with you Frosts, flirting on TRAX with complete strangers?

It was fun to have you guys out here. We're looking forward to introducing Dane to his new cousin...or cousinette.

And I really do always read the long posts - sometimes it takes me a couple of visits to the blog, but I eventually get it all read :)

Laurie said...

i love pix and text, Ami. Dane is so fearless - snow, exploring, whatever. Maybe he is Marco Polo II. Your trax showoff reminded me of Tokyo train with Nate/Biz's kids - the Japanese teens were enthralled especially because they spoke Japanese - fun times! Your dad is amazing taking off that weight and biking. Mom Frost

George said...

that is an AWESOME gun! wow, do you know the specs on it? I'm curious to know. Also, love the bowtie girl! He'll especially love that photo when he really is trying to show off to teenage girls.