Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dane & Dogs

I haven't written much about it yet, but rest assured that we had a wonderful Christmas. Oklahoma was pleasantly warm, and it is always great to hang out with my family. We played many games, most of which I lost horribly, I caught up on Lost, we ate yummy food, and had plenty of laughs. One of these laughs came on Christmas Day. As we opened presents, it became clear that many people gave us games, which made us really happy. For example, we got Blokus and The Office DVD game. We then opened our gift from Kenta and Kendall: Would You Rather! Hooray! It looks really fun! Then we opened our gift from my parents. Would You Rather! Hooray! It was especially funny because both Kendall and my Dad chose that game on advice from Glenn Beck. I also found out that my mother-in-law got someone that game on advice from Glenn Beck. I bet the folks at Zobmondo are feeling pretty grateful for Mr. Beck.
Here you can see some of our games in the background of Dane climbing on Joel. You can also see the nice little entertainment center that Joel made out of our crappy old bookcase. He cut off the top two shelves, added dividers, and painted it. Now it doesn't look crappy at all, thanks to Handyman Joel.

Now onto Dane and Dogs. I wasn't sure how Dane would react to my parents' two pugs, but he is pretty fearless, so I wasn't too worried. Dane loved them. He would follow them around, laughing and trying to grab their fur. Luckily, they are pretty docile. Here he is, trying to climb on Puppet.

Nuzzling Pugslee.

This looks like a nice, loving pat, but Dane was actually hitting him. Poor dog.

We also visited a dog park, where they had four pugs! Dane seemed to be more interested in the really big dogs, but seeing as they weighed more than he and his mommy combined, I decided to avoid them. He is watching them longingly from the other side of the fence.

Here are some cute shots with Dane, the pugs, and Jiichan.





P.S. Here are the names of the babies that my various friends have had in the past month or so (I hope I haven't forgotten anyone):

Piper
Keegan
Berkeley
Sigg
Ezra

They are all boys except for Piper. Pretty uncommon names, no? Way to think outside the box, friends. And congratulations!!

6 comments:

Rika Burr said...

in the picture with dane trying to ride puppet, it looks like pugsley is about to attack dane. and then i remembered pugsley is blind.

also kevin.

Sistahood said...

Here's another name you can add to your list in about six weeks:

WILLOW

I still like the name, despite what Kenji says.

George said...

I have wanted a pug for most of life. And then, lo and behold, some people were selling registered Pugs at the Wal-Mart parking lot. And they were selling them super cheap too! And then Melanee said "No! It would be like another child! Except one I didn't love as much." The end.

Unknown said...

if you name you child willow, I will name my child anti-willow

Bruthahood said...

This is why I don't like Willow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK9GPTY3dM8
Hideous

Laurie said...

Dane's so cute - I want to hug him but not hug a pug. Is Puglsey blind like Rika said? Good bookshelves, handyman Joel - I need to come see your place. Mom F