Monday, August 4, 2008

Aaaaaahhhhhh

That's supposed to be a relaxed "ah," not a scream.
This morning, I went and got a free massage. Free! I had heard that Massage Envy was doing Massage for the Cure to benefit breast cancer research, and I signed myself up. They told me it was a 15 minute massage, so I scheduled it at the location near Joel's work so I could get my free massage, have breakfast with Joel, and he could watch Dane, all before getting Joel to work on time. Well, things didn't go exactly as planned because it ended up being a full hour massage. For free! Joel was nice enough to take Dane to work with him for the first half hour or so, and I got to relax and ease all the tension I build up in my upper back. It's not like I walked out of there without paying a dime because I still tipped my massage therapist and donated to the cause (100% of donations went to the Susan G. Komen research fund), but it was still a great deal.
I feel bad that I didn't spread the word. But don't be mad. Because I thought it was just a 15 minute massage, I thought that's almost not even worth getting child care set up and what not. I almost canceled my appointment because I didn't think it was worth it. Then it was really good. So I'm sorry.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

YOU ARE IN BIG FAT TROUBLE FOR NOT TELLING ME!!!!!!!

I am so sad. What I'd kill for a good massage right now.

The only way to redeem yourself is come over and give me a massage...for free.

Just kidding, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! Tell me next time!

(I've never had a professional massage before!)

LJ said...

Oh merciful goodness, I love massages. They are the bomb-diggity-dot-com. Ahhhhhhhhh!
(That's a scream, not a contented sigh.)

Kristen and Ryan said...

that sounds really nice. I'm glad I'm not close enough to hate you for it.
but don't worry! I am TOTALLY not offended that you think my husband is so HOT.
just kidding, his sister took that picture of him and had it up on her blog and I was like "what?!?! where did that come from!?!" it is now the background of our computer and he was really embarrassed when the internet guy came to hook up our internet. hee hee! but kate loves it and so do I!