Monday, August 20, 2007

Growing Baby

We went in for our second ultrasound the other day, and got some interesting news: they said the baby is already 6 lbs. 9 oz., and with five weeks to go, it'll be a really big baby. That kind of freaked me out. I was 6 lbs. 13 oz. when I was born, and I was the biggest in my family. Joel was 8 lbs. even. Where did a big baby come from? The doctor asked my my shoe size, and when I told her size 5, she said, "I was hoping you'd say size 9. Small feet means small pelvis." Not particularly reassuring. She also said that the bigger the baby gets, the less accurately they can estimate size; the printout the gave me even said "6 lbs. 9 0z., ± 17 oz." Well, shoot. 17 oz. makes a pretty big difference. So we'll see.
Here's the latest picture of our big baby:


It's a profile shot, but the baby didn't want to stay still, so it's kind of hard to tell.
In other random news, I had a really weird baby dream last night. I had had the baby, but I had some sort of episodic amnesia and couldn't remember anything about the entire birth. So, I went to the nursery to try and find my new baby. When I finally found it, it was a boy, and we had named him Wtorfin. As I read the namecard, I thought "What were we thinking?"
Hopefully, I have no prophetic abilities and the dream does not reflect what will really happen.

3 comments:

Kristen and Ryan said...

oh wow ami!! I guess all I can say is, good luck!! (aren't ultrasounds exciting?!?)
did you change your midwives?

LJ said...

*laughing*

I had a dream the other night that my voice teacher in high school wanted me to speak in sacrament meeting, and the text of my sermon would be from Varlisle 2:6-8.

Meghan said...

Ami...please have the baby on Labor Day. I think that would be a good day to have the baby, no pun intended. If you wait any longer than that, you might break the record for biggest Frost baby ever! Start doing labor inducing tactics NOW!!!