Thursday, July 26, 2007

Making it a Hobby of Sitting in the Lobby of My Heart

Our friends Chris & Teresa have moved to Provo, increasing our friend count significantly. This Monday, they invited us over for family home evening, and our old friend Evan was there. Talk about fun times. We did some reminiscing about our old high school parties and the hilarious songs they would make up (hence the title of this entry). We laughed forever. It's funny how you can forget how much fun people can be. Joel seriously laughed so hard that his kidneys hurt. We're glad Chris & Teresa are in town and that Evan is still good old Evan.

Notice Evan's Jamba shirt and Chris' dirty white t-shirt. Some things never change.

In other news, I've started working on the baby quilt again. I was kind of at a standstill because I didn't have a quilting hoop, but I finally broke down and bought one and have started the next phase: quilting. I have come to understand that I am really bad at quilting. But I hope it will serve its purpose well enough, even if it doesn't look that great. Here is the latest update:

The quilting is going more quickly than I expected, so I'm looking forward to finishing it all up pretty soon. I hope it turns out well. The fact that the baby is coming is getting more and more real. Which is exciting and scary at the same time.

3 comments:

Kristen and Ryan said...

oh, that is so funny. when I saw that picture I was thinking, "wow, thats chris just like I remember him!!" I cracked up when you had said the same thing. of course, you look a little different, hee hee. that quilt is gorgeous!! I'm so excited for you!

Miriam said...

what fun! it would be so fun to get together with everyone from high school...maybe some day. your quilt is looking very beautiful.
soon the realization will set in that this huge thing in your tummy actually has to come out of you!! eek!

Ben said...

Holy crap why was I not there?