Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter!

 Happy Easter, everybody! We had a lot of fun this Easter, and I even did a decent job of taking pictures, so I apologize in advance for the photo dump.

Egg Hunt #1

My parents' neighborhood had an egg hunt, complete with Chick-fil-A kids' meals, Chicken Minis, and the Chick-fil-A cow! Dane decided not to go because he wanted to stay with Daddy at the Elder's Quorum no-holds-barred Pinewood Derby, which I think was a good choice for him. 
It took June a few minutes to stop being clingy and figure out what was going on, but she then she got really into it. 
They designated an area for kids under 2, but after a few minutes they bigger kids exhausted their own supply and started rounding up the little kids' eggs. And no parents stopped them! So I had to intervene and hoard a few eggs for June. I'm totally the better mom.

And get this: another mom heard me calling to June and said they thought about naming their daughter June, too, but ended up making it the middle name. I asked what her first name was.
"Evelyn."
"That's June's middle name!"
"Really? How old is she?"
"Nineteen months."
"So is Evelyn!"
It turns out they were born within days of each other, too. So now we're best friends. 





This is the view I have about 100 times a day:

Pretty baby. 






Easter Morning














Easter Photos 

Dane with his mega blaster 100, and his sweet new (kind of big) suit.


I love my sweet kids. 
I made June's dress using a pattern I bought on Etsy. I'd sifted through hundreds of patterns but wasn't 
really excited about any of them until I found this one. An instant winner. I even made a little petticoat to go underneath it out of glittery tulle. ERROR. The glitter got everywhere. Our bench at church was covered. Do you ever wish you could just use a dustbuster at church? That would've been nice on Sunday. Sorry to all those who have to clean the church. 
I also made Dane's tie and pocketsquare, a quick bowtie for Joel, and an even quicker headband for me.















Egg Hunt #2 

Joel insisted we had way too many eggs (78) for our two young children. I insisted he was putting an unfair quota on our children's happiness. In the end, we were both right. Dane could have searched for eggs forever, but June tapped out at about 25 eggs. Way to be diplomatic, kids. 


I don't know what's up with June's face here, but it made me laugh.


Dane searched tirelessly for the golden egg (can you spot it?), which was filled with MONEY! But it turns out 5-year-olds aren't that excited about money. He was apparently hoping for a small car. The fact that small cars can be purchased with money was lost on him; when we asked what he wanted to do with the money, he said, "Give it to my mom and dad in case they run out." At least he's generous.
 




We also dyed eggs, but I forgot to take pictures. It was a lovely day, and I was happy at how well Dane remembered to be grateful for Christ's atonement and resurrection. We hope you all had a happy Easter, too!


6 comments:

Lizzy said...

Your Easter outfits are fantastic! I love June's dress.

Unknown said...

Suit too big + shaved head = lame Dane

Melissa said...

I loved June's dress and I haven't told you that yet. It was so cute!! I loved all the details and her cute matching bow- reminded me of Michelle on PR. Dane looked great too as did the headband and bow- you are so talented. Man you had a great Easter and there is no such thing as going overboard. That picture of June is adorable and what a coincidence with that lady!

The Frosts said...

Oh Ami! June has gotten so so big. She is a darling girl and I think Dane's hair looks cute short (ahem). Fabulous job on the dress and the matching duds. I'm practically counting down the days until our family reunion this summer and can't wait to see you guys.

Meghan said...

I love the matching clothes. I love your children. I love the ribbon in your hair. I love your Easter Pictures. SO CUTE!

Melanee said...

I think 19 months must be the optimum age for enjoying something like a peeps kebab. June's dress is adorable! I'd be interested to know where you got the fabric. I love the picture of her sitting in the chair toward the end. So cute!