Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Two Valentines


We had a low key but happy Valentine's Day yesterday. I kicked things off by getting up early and making a special Valentine's breakfast. You know I must love Joel and Dane a lot if I'm willing to get up early for them. I made eggs benedict and pink waffles with strawberries and cream. Yummy.


Then I had to go to work. Boo. But it looks like Joel and Dane had fun while I was away. I found these pictures on my camera:


After work, Joel had made a delicious lunch, and then I took a nice long nap.
Finally, for dinner we made Lemon Butter Chicken Scallopine with Artichokes. I can't even describe the deliciousness of this dinner. It almost made me forget that we hadn't gone out to dinner. I don't use the white wine, mushrooms, or capers, and I use about half the butter, but it is still super buttery and delicious. Oh my goodness, it's delicious.
We also had a yummy salad and a fancy baguette from Harmon's, which Dane is modeling for you.



I'm pretty sure he's brandishing it as a sword.
I'm about to sound super uncultured, since I've never been to France, but I have been to the Paris hotel in Las Vegas, and it was there that I ate the most delicious bread and cheese platter that I have ever had. I think Harmon's bread is just as good. And look how beautiful it is!
Anyway, our holiday was centered around food.
Then we went and got Hawaiian Blizzards from Dairy Queen. Mmmmm.
So, happy Valentine's Day to all. I hope you all had a happy day with some tasty food!

3 comments:

LJ said...

I'm pretty sure we're going to have to make this. Stat. Baby wants it.

Also: we totally had Cafe Rio for V-Day dinner, followed up with the grape-flavored Martinelli's. I was so happy not to cook, I could hardly stand it.

Rika Burr said...

i was about to come to your blog and comment saying 'update your stupid blog' but i was pleasantly surprised. sounds like a fun valentines day. other than the waking up early.

also dane is cute.

also kevin.

you should change your camera back to high res so i can put the pictures as my background.

Joel said...

It was a very good day for food. Dane saw the rice maker was out of the cupboard and put himself in its stead. I guess he is our rice maker now. How very Japanese of him.
Ami was also lovely on February 14, which seems to be a trend for her, regardless of the date.