Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

On this, the first day of April, 2010, my firstborn and I decided to enjoy the beauties of spring.
We frolicked in the grass,

Rode bikes,

Played catch,


Inhaled the scents of new life,

Swung on the swing,

and enjoyed the growing flowers.

He is actually trying to eat the blade of grass, for some reason.
And, as anyone is wont to do on a fine spring morning, we made a snowman.

Dane's upward gaze may be attributed to the fact that his hat is a 6-12 month hat.
Unfortunately for the snowman, Dane was very interested in its nose:

He soon figured out an easier way to enjoy snowman nose:

But then, he kindly returned the nose to its rightful place:

Here's all that was left of the poor nose:


So, I guess it was Mother Nature who pulled the April Fool's Joke on us today. Dane made his attempt, though. At one point, he had a big snowball in his hand and said, "Mommy, I need to hold you," wanting me to hold him. As soon as I had him in my arms, he stuffed the snowball in my face. How did he learn that? I told him to say "APRIL FOOLS!" but he didn't get it.
Here are my attempts at arm's length shots:

I must say, I am jealous of those of you who take beautiful pictures and have children who will pose for you. Dane has never really been very cooperative in that respect.
Here, he's saying "Mommy, stop saying 'cheese'!!"

Please don't judge me for sending my child out in the snow without a coat. He is wearing three shirts and refused to put on any more.

7 comments:

Joel said...

His hat is on backward. Thanks for playing with him in the snow, dear. I miss you today.

Rika Burr said...

sneaky dane with that snowball. i have trained him well.

also, i see some frozen mucus that was photoshopped out.

oops.

Melanee said...

Your pictures are great! I mean, just look at that midair snowball action!

Boo snow.

Evan and Holly said...

I love that you take your child in the snow. I don't, mostly because I don't have a coat that fits anymore. Or maybe it's because we are never dressed before noon (should I admit this on the internet for everyone to see?)

I don't have cute pictures of Kyle anymore because he can move. And I never have cute ones of myself either, but that is another reason.

So we bought Kyle a basketball hoop for Easter--partly because of how much Dane likes his.

I love that he put a snowball in your face. I was eating snow yesterday and Kyle wouldn't eat it with me. Although he always wants my ice. :)

Unknown said...

Dane eats grass, just like puppet.

LJ said...

April fooled us with snow yesterday too.

Teresa said...

our spring looks better than yours.