Monday, March 15, 2010

The Universe

Ever since the amazing Jazz day, Dane has been into basketball. On Friday, an hour before we were leaving for Boise (which will be its own post one of these days), I saw a little basketball hoop discarded in the street in front of our neighbor's house.
The universe heard Dane's little boy wish and granted it. For free!
He asks every few minutes now "Wanna play basketball?" "Throw it in the hoop (it's like a circle)?"




When he makes a basket, he'll say "Fifty cents! Fifty cents!" We have no idea where he got that.
It really has brought him so much joy. I am looking forward to it being a little warmer so I can stand to be outside with him longer. It's not even that cold; I am just a weenie.

Here is a funny story I wish to tell, but be warned, it involves armpit hair. Female armpit hair.

Dane was in bed with us, and he saw my armpit, which hadn't been shaved in 24 hours.
He asked, "Mommy? You made a mess on your arm?"
"No, it's not a mess. It's called armpit hair."
He turns to Joel. "Daddy, you have armpit hair on your face?"

7 comments:

LJ said...

I'm tearing up right now in mirth. Thank you, Universe, for granting me this story.

Joel said...

It is a little known fact that Old Spice deodorant doubles as aftershave.

Cassia said...

Good stories. :D And free toys are the best! :)

Cassia said...

Free *and* saved from the land of discarded things. A win on both sides!

Melissa said...

Ha ha- that is a great story -even if it involves armpit hair! And yeah for basketball- he will be a star for sure. Free is the best!

Bruthahood said...

T M I

Sistahood said...

50 cent....isn't that a rapper?

AND

Was that armpit hair all over Joel's neck at Christmas?