Thursday, November 5, 2009

Other Autumn Airings

We've been doing a few other things lately, both fallish and unfallish, that I haven't gotten around to posting.
A couple of weekends ago, we had unseasonably warm weather, so we decided it was a good car washing day. It had been a while since we'd washed the car, and I honestly couldn't remember the last time we'd vacuumed the inside, so we spent a merry afternoon making it right. Dane got completely soaked before I decided to just change him into his swimsuit, and then he made the most of it.




Have I mentioned that we got a butler who mops our floor in a snazzy blazer and bowtie?

One Sunday, I got dressed for church wearing a new blazer my parents had sent me. Then Joel emerged wearing pretty much the same outfit. So then the only thing left to do was to dress Dane similarly.

Dane and I carved pumpkins the week before Halloween.
This picture belies the fact that he was very wary of the goo inside.


"Mommy! Lookada goo!"

The pumpkin eventually became Curious George. Every time Dane walked by the pumpkin thereafter, he'd casually wave and say "Hi, George."


One morning, Dane and I played in the leaves for a while.


Also, here's a shot of Woody throwing rocks in the "river"

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Still no mention of the flipped SUV.

Tracie Frost said...

I had to laugh at the pumpkin carving, remembering the picture of Dane INSIDE the pumpkin at the tender age of 6 weeks!

Melanee said...

My, that is a snazzy blazer! Love the George pumpkin.

LJ said...

Our pumpkin is still on the front porch. Whole.

Rika Burr said...

nice outfits. you don't have a matching tie though. i laughed at your dorkiness outloud.

hi george.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! you guys have totally been blogging and I didn't even know. I forgot that you had made it private so it doesn't come up in my google reader anymore, well I am glad that I have caught up on the past few months!

Cassia said...

Cute! I like the matching outfits. :) And the Curious George pumpkin is amazing!

Laurie said...

I love the Halloween costumes - you're so talented, Ami! and the "official-looking" Frost family going to church in blazers! love you. Mom Frost

Teresa said...

I love the sunday outfits, and I laughed about the 'Hi, George"! What a funny little guy. What's this I hear about the flipped SUV??