Monday, July 20, 2009

A Visit from Aunt Wika

My sister Rika came to visit for a few days, and Dane loved playing with her.
We went to the mall and played on the cars:



They read books:


Whenever Rika would go out the door, he would cry and call out, "Wika! Wika!"
Of course, one night I left for work while Dane was sleeping. When he woke up to someone who looked a lot like Mommy but wasn't, he was a little upset. But he warmed back up to her quickly.

The highlight of her visit was going to see Harry Potter. Please excuse the following nerdiness:
We made t-shirts that said "Expecto Patronum!" Rika had her wand and I had my cape.
I am feeling super nerdy right now, but we had a great time.



Finally, we took some pictures in a photo booth at the mall.

Yes, that is Dane picking his nose and then eating it.
Anyway, we loved having her here and were sad that she left. Dane still regularly asks for Wika and Ken-i. We're looking forward to seeing Rika and the rest of the family in Oklahoma soon!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dane has the same lame smile as you. it's like you're trying to hard to look happy.

Cassia said...

Oh, fun! Very cute shirts. :) I'm sure the "nerdiness" made the movie even more fun! I look forward to seeing it myself, hopefully in the near future... :)

By the way, I was taken aback at first at how much Rika does look like you. :)

LJ said...

It still blows my mind how much you and Rica look alike. Especially when you're both wearing Expecto Patronum shirts. NERDS!

Meghan said...

I laughed out loud when I really did realize he was picking and eating! Hilarious! Perfect timing! And I love that cheesy grin he has too. What a special time he got to have with his Aunt Rika. I love that your family adores little Dane....as it should be! I can't wait to see him soon.

Rika Burr said...

I am such an awesome aunt

LJ said...

I just realized I totally misspelled Rika. That is all.

Melissa said...

That is awesome. You guys aren't nerds- you are the coolest of the cool! How fun that you got to enjoy that together. Rika is the greatest Aunt- our boys love her too. Glad she had fun. Dane sure is a cutie.