Monday, November 19, 2007

It's Autumntime, It's Autumntime


So, Dane and I have been going on a lot of walks lately. I need the exercise (I just can't handle the gym thing. And by "can't handle" I mean "I would never go even if I tried"), and I want to maximize what little time we have before the weather gets too cold and snowy. Here is a photographic journey of some of the things we've encountered along the way:
This is a pretty, leafy trail near our house

I just loved the contrast of the yellow berries with the blue-grey sky.

This is a cat that crossed our path.

Sheep!

He always find the walks very soothing...except for that time I walked all the way to Wal-Mart. I think it's a little over a mile, one way, and I didn't set out until later in the afternoon, so it got kind of chilly by the time we got back. That wasn't so soothing.

And here we are, modeling the new stroller my dad got us while he was out here for the blessing. (Those are Dane's little feet sticking out in front.) And that's my new hair. It's not a close up because I made the mistake of forgetting to take a picture the day I got it cut; it's always so much better when it's professionally styled. But you get the gist of it.

I'll be sad when fall is over. And it sounds like that'll be tonight. Oh well.

10 comments:

Kristen and Ryan said...

love the hairdo ami!! (but I would love to see it close up!) and the autumn pictures were so much fun, especially for me who has missed fall like crazy!

LJ said...

You've got a good eye for photography. Just so you know.

Tracie Frost said...

Agree w/LJ on the pics, but I've told you that before. And your hair looks SO pretty! Isn't it fun to be outside with your very own baby??? It's one of my favorite parts of being a mommie.

Melissa said...

Hey Ami- great blog- I noticed it on Facebook. It is a great way to keep in touch with family. Mine live all over the place! Your baby is so Cute! Rika sent me the hospital picture. I think it is so classic baby! And I love the snitch costume- so amazing and super cute! Incredible! And I'm so jealous that you won a prize at the chili cookoff...but congrats too!

JoandDoug said...

P.S. I just saw your comment on our blog! That's so fun that you found ours!

JoandDoug said...

I left a comment earlier but I don't think it posted. Hence the whole P.S. thing. Anyway, in case it doesn't post, congrats on the little boy! I love the name Dane! I'm due in 2 weeks and can't wait to find out what we're having. I love surprises!

Joanna Wilkins

Kristen and Ryan said...

cute header!

James and Tiff said...

Hey!!!! Your little boy is so cute! How fun for you guys:) I hope that all is well:) Check out our blog: http://jamesandtiff.blogspot.com.

LJ said...

Hey, your blaug just got a facelift! I really like it. I want that. (said a la Napoleon Dynamite.)

Meghan said...

Love the new blog header. You guys are very photogenic. It's amazing how different Dane looks from the two of you, but then again compliments you both so well. And I'm so glad you've been enjoying the mild weather. Now that it is so freezing cold, what will we do? Love the new stroller and the hair...