Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


Dane was a really good sport last night, humoring his parents while they made him sit in a pumpkin. Are we bad parents? We filled the pumpkin with warm water so he would be comfortable. We got a few cute shots, but he wasn't too happy about it a lot of the time:

I'll probably post again later today with shots of him in his costume. It's more comfortable than a pumpkin.

I was reminiscing about the poetry group I was in my sophomore year at BYU. We had some fun times. I wrote this Halloween poem then and wanted to share it with you.
Hm. I just read through it again. I was kind of bitter. The poem isn't nearly as good as I thought it was when I wrote it. Haha, lame. That's embarrassing. It was about how Halloween went from innocent, wide-eyed fun in childhood to having an excuse to flirt and bend dress code rules in college. Here are the best lines, which I quoted from other people:
"Halloween: the day when the Medievel kids can dress up with no shame."
"The transition was smooth, so sly yet regrettable and irreversible due to social mores. 'What's a more?' 'When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie.'"
This probably makes no sense. Oh well.

1 comment:

LJ said...

Ha! Dane in a punkin! That's amazing. Amazing. I think it's even funnier that you filled it with warm water.